Pressure Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 small gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Put potatoes into the pot of your pressure cooker; add water.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minutes on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Preheat oven broiler on High.
- Remove potatoes from pressure cooker using a slotted spoon to a pie plate.
- Press Cancel on pressure cooker and select Sauté.
- Stir 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper with the liquid rremaining in the pot; cook and stir until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce over the potatoes. Turn potatoes to coat in sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the potatoes.
- Cook potatoes under the broiler until the top of the potatoes are lightly browned and the cheese sauce is bubbling, about 4 minutes.
- Allow potatoes to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Add chopped ham to the potatoes and cheese sauce for added protein. You can also top the potatoes with bread crumbs and toast under the broiler for increased texture.
What others are saying
Rachel Douglas says:
Really tasty, I just wish there was a healthier alternative to the heavy cream. I wanted to try half and half, but I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Maybe next time when I am in the kitchen I will experiment with it.
Santana Williams says:
I love how cheesy and delicious this recipe came out. Cooking potatoes has never been easier, thanks to the pressure cooker. The white Cheddar cheese sauce was perfect. Eight ounces was more than enough cheese too, I actually used a little less.
Jordan Clark says:
Scalloped potatoes was one of my favorite dishes when I was a kid. This was my first time making it as an adult, and I used my pressure cooker. It turned out extra cheesy, which is wonderful. The potatoes literally cooked for 1 minute in the pot. It's like magic. I didn't even need to use salt and pepper at the end. It was perfect without it.
Dominique M says:
Superb recipe. I added a little regular cheese with the white cheddar and it was perfect. Next time I will try substituting the heavy cream with half in half, for a lighter alternative.
Alex Cabral says:
This recipe was so yummy. There wasn't a lot of liquid remaining in the pot after cooking the potatoes, so when I melted the cheese I didn't think the consistency would be like a sauce, but surprisingly it was perfect. Especially when combined with the heavy cream. Next time I might even use less cream, maybe 1-2 tablespoons instead to make the sauce less liquidy. Delicious flavor, all you need is salt and pepper.