Pressure Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir beef stock, sweet chili sauce, honey, and soy sauce together in the pot of your pressure cooker; add pork and stir to coat.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 5 minutes on High pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Press Cancel.
- Stir cornstarch into water in a small bowl with a whisk to dissolve the cornstarch; pour into pot and stir.
- Select Sauté and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens to desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
Up the sweet in your dish with the addition of fresh pineapple chunks, a commonly used item in many sweet-and-sour dishes. If you want a little heat to your orange chicken, brown a few chiles de arbol in the hot oil before adding chicken. You'll lightly season the oil and find a nice, even spiciness to the final dish. If you want a LOT of heat, try adding sliced Fresno chilies with the chicken.
What others are saying
Jay Wied says:
This is good but it tastes nothing like sweet and sour pork.
Shad Morris says:
Super delicious and easy. It was great over a bed of rice.
Erin Hudson says:
Super easy dish for that weeknight Chinese food craving. I added a little brown sugar and some crushed red pepper flakes to make it a bit more sweet with a kick.
Caro Hodgin says:
soo great. had leftovers all week!