4 Ingredient No-Knead White Bread
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Stir flour, water, yeast, and salt together in a large bowl (at least 6-quart capacity) until a loose, wet dough comes together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature until risen, 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer half of the dough to a sheet of parchment paper and form into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough on another piece of parchment paper. Place parchment paper into an oven-proof pot or dish. Repeat with remaining dough and another pot or dish. Let dough rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450. Place a shallow baking dish on the lower rack of the oven.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups hot water into baking dish in oven. Place loaves in oven and bake until golden brown, crusty, and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
With bread baking (and with most things in life, really), patience is a virtue. The longer you let the dough rise, the more tangy your bread will be. You can refrigerate the dough for up to 5 days to get a good tang and more of a sourdough loaf.