Quick Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced small
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces dried egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Cook onion, carrots, and celery in hot oil until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken, chicken stock, egg noodles, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper with the vegetables.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Soup/Stew and cook for 3 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Stir parsley into the soup and season with salt and pepper to serve.
While egg noodles are traditionally used in this dish, comfort food means using whatever makes your taste buds happy. Use your favorite noodles and vegetables to customize this soup to your palate.
What others are saying
Linda Howey says:
My daughters hate leftovers so I always look for recipes for my leftovers. I used the chicken left from the Mealthy rotisserie chicken. We all loved this soup.
Sheila Long says:
Quick sauté, pressure cook, and eat! It's really that simple. I add in some extra seasoning, hot sauce, and I'm good to go.
Monica Allen says:
Really good for a quick recipe. I do prefer shredded chicken but when you're not feeling well and/or wanting something fast and easy, this will get the job done. Think, making a soup from scratch in less than 5 minutes! Only a pressure cooker can do that.
Santana Williams says:
The key to this recipe is cutting the chicken up into small pieces. 1/2 to 1-inch pieces should be sufficient. I used a single, large chicken breast. It cooked the meat perfectly and was tender, not rubbery. I added some garlic and thyme to the pot and it turned out really good.
Jordan Clark says:
I love, love, love this recipe! Making homemade chicken noodle soup has never been easier. I made this and my husband thought I spent hours cooking. When I told him I made it in my pressure cooker in a matter of minutes he didn't believe me. Yummy!
DC Cote says:
Fantastic recipe and it's so quick! I was sick and not wanting to run to the store or spend hours making soup. This recipe was perfect and really flavorful. I used egg noodles, ground white pepper, and a little extra salt, it was fantastic.