Grilled Hearts of Palm Salad with Candied Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- 8 ounces fresh hearts of palm, sliced in half
- 12 ounces mixed baby lettuce
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces candied walnuts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Grill hearts of palm until tender and grill marks appear, 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine lettuce, grilled hearts of palm, goat cheese, and candied walnuts in a bowl.
- Combine walnut oil, canola oil, honey, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard together in a bowl; blend together using an immersion blender until dressing is smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
You can also grill the hearts of palm on an outdoor grill over medium-high heat. If you can't find fresh hearts of palm, canned or jarred work just as well; just be sure to pat them dry with a paper towel or cloth. Small pieces of Brie or crumbled blue cheese would also work well instead of the goat cheese. Candied pecans would be nice in place of the walnuts.
If you don't have an immersion blender, combine honey, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Slowly add walnut oil and canola oil, whisking constantly, until dressing is well-blended.