Pasta with Tomatoes and Black Beans
- 1 pound fettuccini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes
- 1 basket yellow tomatoes
- 2 cup black beans
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubs
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pour fettucine into pot and cook until pasta is al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer pasta to a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth. Pour dressing over pasta and toss to coat.
- Add cherry tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, black beans, basil, and mozzarella cheese to pasta and toss until evenly combined.
Use any type of beans in place of the black beans. White beans or garbanzo beans are great options.
Make this a gluten-free dish by using gluten-free pasta, such as lentil pasta or quinoa pasta.
If you eat meat, add some chicken sausage for extra protein.
What others are saying
Chelsea C. says:
I thought this was a really good pasta. I added sautéed shrimp for some protein. I've never had beans and pasta together before, but it worked.
Gene White says:
We served this pasta cold, with a side of fish. The fresh basil and mozzarella really rounded out this dish. We used garbanzo instead of black beans, and crushed the tomatoes. Delicious recipe!