Pressure Cooker Steamed Vegetable Medley
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 5 ounces green beans (haricots verts)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut on bias into 1/4-inch rounds
- salt to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour water into inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Place trivet on top of water and place steamer basket on top of trivet.
- Spread broccoli, green beans, and carrots in a even layer in steamer basket.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and set to zero (0) minutes. As soon as the pot reaches pressure the cooking cycle will end; turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove steamer basket from cooker and season vegetables with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Not ready to eat your medley just yet? No problem; get those veggies into an ice-bath to stop them from continuing to cook and reheat when you're ready to eat. Also check out our pressure cooker carrots recipe, These glaze perfectly in your MultiPot.
For more pressure cooker steamed vegetable recipes you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Sal Polisi says:
I make a batch of broccoli, green beans, and carrots in my pressure cooker on a regular basis now. Sometimes I'll pair it with rice or a protein. I like that it doesn't cook out all the nutrients like it would if I were to boil it. I like to season it with garlic powder, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. This recipe it really quick and easy to eat healthy.
Gina Anastasia says:
I can't tell you how many times I've cooked vegetables in the microwave out of sheer laziness. This recipe is truly perfection in that I can toss my FRESH veggies in the pot and they will cook in mere minutes (the time it takes to build pressure). I don't have the facts, but this has to be healthier than me microwaving frozen veggies. This is now the only way I'll cook vegetables.
Shannon Bowie Persha says:
This was super simple, and delicious!!! The broccoli was cooked perfectly!