Pressure Cooker Starbucks Copycat Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons spinach, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons Monterey Jack or white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour (see Mealthy Tip)
For best results, we recommend using:
- Blend egg whites, cottage cheese, cream cheese, feta cheese, hot sauce, and salt on High speed until smooth and frothy, about 20 seconds.
- Toss red peppers, spinach, cheese, and tapioca flour in a small bowl to coat all ingredients in flour. (See Mealthy Tip!)
- Add mix-ins to the blender and pulse once JUST to combine. Do not blend!
- Spray egg mold or six small heatproof glass jars or bowls with pan spray.
- Pour egg batter into molds.
- Cover the mold tightly with foil.
- Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of a pressure cooker.
- Place the egg mold on top of the trivet, and use the trivet arms to gently lower it down into the pot. Seal lid and cook on High for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, Quick Release the pressure and remove egg mold. Allow egg bites to cool in the mold slightly. Pop the egg bites out onto a plate.
- Enjoy immediately, or allow to cool completely before wrapping and refrigerating.
- Consume within 3 days.
We use this silicone mold from Amazon but you can also make the egg bites in heatproof jars or bowls. You do not have to toss the mix-ins in tapioca flour, but it helps keep them evenly distributed throughout the egg bite, versus all falling to the bottom of the mold.
Meal prepping? Reheat each bite individually in the microwave for 45 seconds, then flip it over and cook for 45 more seconds. Don't try to reheat two at once - it doesn't work!
What others are saying
Tiana D. says:
Ever since I first tried these at Starbucks, I have been in love. These are so savory and delicious. The problem with Starbuck Sous Vide Bites? They are over 3 dollars for just 2 of these yummy babies. I was really excited to find this recipe, I immediately ordered the silicone molds. GUYS, these are so good... and honestly I like the texture in the pressure cooker BETTER than the ones at starbucks. These are fluffier and less greasy than the originals. I have been making these every couple days since finding this recipe. Thank you Caroline for writing this and saving me well over 20 bucks a week!