Pressure Cooker Bolognese Sauce, Inspired by Skinny Taste
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 large carrots, minced
- 2 pounds ground turkey meat
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Press Sauté on your pressure cooker to heat it up on Low.
- Add bacon and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until fat has melted out from the bacon, and the bacon is opaque.
- Add butter, onion, celery, and carrots, and continue cooking until vegetables are soft, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add turkey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and continue stirring until it soaks into the meat, about 4 more minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaves, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Seal lid and pressure cook on High for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Stir in Greek Yogurt.
- Serve over noodles or whatever you desire, and garnish with basil.
If you're serving your bolognese with noodles, cook your noodles while the pressure is naturally releasing from the pot! It'll take about the same amount of time, so everything will be ready at the same time!
What others are saying
Tiana D. says:
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I love to substitute greek yogurt as much as possible, so this is one of my favorite recipes for my MultiPot. Rather than doing white wine for this recipe I used red wine which gave it a really nice, deep flavor. I am recommending this recipe to all my friends with MultiPots and Instant Pots, so good!
Caro Hodgin says:
I love SkinnyTaste so I had to try this recipe! So great! It's definitely pretty light because it's turkey vs beef. You could easily swap in beef if you wanted that instead. I froze half of it for quick dinners later!