Pressure Cooker Coconut Brown Rice Risotto with Vegetables and Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 bunch asparagus stalks, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 bunch bok choy, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ cups mushrooms, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 16 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Select Sauté on pressure cooker and add avocado oil to inner steel pot. Sauté asparagus, bok choy, and mushrooms in hot oil until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Stir brown rice into the pot and add chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and turn steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Multigrain and cook on High Pressure for 40 minutes. Remove lid and transfer rice to a serving dish.
- Return empty pot to pressure cooker, select Sauté, and add coconut oil. Cook shrimp in hot oil until pink and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place shrimp over rice, season with salt and black pepper to taste, and serve immediately!
This recipe uses the Sauté and Multigrain functions and prepares this whole dish without the need to wash another pot or pan. How simple is that!? Not only are you able to close the lid, push a button, and get back to that glass of wine you’re enjoying, but the result of enhanced flavor and perfectly cooked ingredients is truly remarkable. This recipe is one that will impress your guests and take minimal effort for you to prep; that’s all we ever really want, right!?
What others are saying
Jozy Street says:
I skipped the shrimp and used vegetable broth for a vegetarian friendly version of this brown rice risotto. Perfect consistency, so much flavor, and would definitely make this again. Great for weeknights.
Connie Goolsby says:
I skipped the bok choy, but other than that, made no changes to this recipe. So much flavor in such a simple dish. It took a little bit of time to cook, but doing a quick pressure release made up for it. Best part is not having to worry about your pot boiling over or rice burning.
Caro Hodgin says:
brown rice risotto is absolutely genius. this is healthy, but still so decadent and filling. i skipped the shrimp and just had the risotto!