Pressure Cooker Pesto Veggie Grain Bowls
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup 2-inch broccoli florets
- 1 bunch baby heirloom carrots, peeled
- ¼ small purple cabbage, ¼-inch sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pesto sauce, or to taste
- lemon wedges, for serving
For best results, we recommend using:
- Combine quinoa and water in inner steel pot of a pressure cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place trivet in inner pot over quinoa and place steamer basket on top of trivet. Add sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, and eggs to steamer basket. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (manual) and cook on High Pressure for 1 minute. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then turn steam vent handle to Venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove steamer basket and trivet from pot and transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water. Peel and halve cool eggs.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide quinoa, sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, eggs, avocado, and a dollop of pesto between two bowls. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Make sure to use large, 2-inch broccoli florets to keep them from turning to mush under pressure.
What others are saying
Geoff Villeneuve says:
Extremely easy, and quick too.
Stepanie Salmieri says:
So simple! I work from home a lot, and this recipe makes it really easy for me to throw something together in between calls and emails. Fresh vegetables work best, in my experience when making this recipe. I also add a little salt and pepper at the end of flavor. Yum!
Francis Fraher says:
Cabbage listed in ingredients, never mentioned in recipe.
Caro Hodgin says: