5-Minute Pressure Cooker Sweet-Heat Pickles
- 1 pound small cucumbers, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Place the sliced cucumber rounds into inner pot of pressure cooker and pour water and vinegar over the top.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and white sugar over cucumbers. Add pickling spice, salt, paprika, and cumin to pot. Stir mixture together in the pot until sugar dissolves.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (manual) and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Spoon cucumbers into a large storage container and pour cooking liquid over the top. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
The longer you let this marinate in the pickling liquid, the more intense the flavor will be. If you can restrain yourself from eating all of them immediately, that is.
What others are saying
Olivia Heath says:
This recipe was very quick and easy to make. I didn't see pickling spice at the store, so I looked up a recipe and used as many of the spices I had available. They turned out wonderful! I will definitely keep this recipe on hand. They are great in my lunch, and perfect for a picnic!
jeremy klimek says:
Ummm, seriously, this is legit.
Stepanie Salmieri says:
I let mine marinate for 24 hours and it was perfect. They didn't even make it a week before the jar was empty! The sugar amount seemed like a lot, but it balances out nicely. Glad I didn't skimp.