Pressure Cooker Curried Deviled Eggs
- 1½ cups water
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- pinch paprika
- Pour water into inner pot of pressure cooker. Set steam rack/trivet in pot and place eggs on steam rack.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing.
- Select Egg and cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Let pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Place eggs immediately into ice water or ice bath to cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and slice lengthwise from tip to tip. Carefully remove yolks from whites. Set whites on a serving plate and transfer yolks to a small bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and curry powder together in a bowl. Add yolks and mash into mayonnaise mixture with the back of a spoon until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Scoop yolk mixture into a ziplock bag. Cut off the tip of one corner of the bag and squeeze filling through that corner into the well of each egg white. Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve, at least 30 minutes. Garnish with chives and paprika to serve.
For an extra smooth yolk mixture, process in a food processor or with a mixer until creamy. Use the whisk attachment to get an extra airy texture!
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
I love curry ANYTHING (the pressure cooker curried egg salad is another favorite!) so i knew i'd love these. yep! tastes like curried egg salad in a bite. delicious!!!
Connie Goolsby says:
Love the quick cooking time, I am able to make two batches in a short amount of time. If you like curry flavor, you'll love this recipe. Very good!!
Jozy Street says:
These were a big hit at my church group meeting last week. No issue peeling the egg shells either, which is always usually a problem for me. The curry flavor was my favorite part.