Pressure Cooker Peach Ginger Jam
- 2 pounds peaches
- 1 cup white sugar, or more to taste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated (or finely chopped) fresh ginger
For best results, we recommend using:
- Lightly score bottom of each peach with an “X” and place peaches in a pot. Cover with water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer peaches to a bowl of ice water until cooled and skin loosens. Remove skin, cut peaches in half and remove pits. Dice peaches.
- Place 4 ½ to 5 cups diced peaches into pressure cooker. Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 2 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Press Cancel.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté on Low. simmer peach mixture until jam starts to thicken. Stir continually and add ginger and continue cooking and stirring until jam is thick, about 15 minutes. Press Cancel and remove inner pot of pressure cooker and cool jam.
- Ladle jam into jars. Keep in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for 6 months.
NOTE: Jam will not reach the recommended temperature in the pressure cooker for canning. Follow the recommended steps for canning on the stovetop if you want to can/jar your own jam.
Try this recipe with other fruits besides peaches, like strawberries or plums.
What others are saying
Gene White says:
I made peach jam, but without the ginger. Even though we cannot can this recipe, it's worth having a fresh batch. We hosted my in-laws at our house for the weekend, and they loved the jam so much they asked us to make more before leaving.
Chelsea C. says:
This peach and ginger jam was a nice addition to my recipe collection of jellies, chutneys, and jams. I am the queen of breakfast toast, and this one pairs perfectly. It also tastes really good with cinnamon French toast.