Air Fryer Kale Chips
- 6 cups 1-inch chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix kale and olive oil together in a large bowl until kale is thoroughly coated.
- Add garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and pepper to kale and toss until leaves are evenly coated.
- Transfer ⅓ the kale leaves to air fryer basket. Make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Cook on 360°F (182°C) for 6 minutes.
- Shake the air fryer basket to move the leaves around. Make sure leaves are evenly distributed.
- Cook on 360°F (182°C) for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer kale chips to a baking sheet to cool without touching each other (or else they will steam and not stay crisp).
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 with the additional kale.
- Enjoy immediately or allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Overcrowding your air fryer basket won't allow the kale chips to crisp up properly. To prevent this, work in batches as dictated in the instructions.
Try different seasonings on the kale chips! Curry powder and cumin are a good combo. Or try adding some freshly minced garlic and sea salt. Nutritional yeast gives a nice tangy flavor as well; add it right after cooking.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Delish! I had nutritional yeast leftover from another recipe so I sprinkled that on mine as per the recipe tip. LOVED IT. We devoured these as soon as they cooled, but I'm sure they'd probably keep crispy for a few days in a ziploc.