Pressure Cooker Moon Milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pour milk into the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker.
- Press Sauté until you reach "Normal". (Normal is equivalent to medium heat on a stovetop and is perfect for bringing milk to a simmer without scalding it.)
- Heat milk until you start seeing rolling bubbles, 3 to 4 minutes; whisk in coconut oil, cinnamon, turmeric, ashwagandha, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and pepper.
- Press Cancel to turn off the heat and cool mixture for about a minute; whisk in honey.
- Lift the steel pot out of the pressure cooker using a pot holder and carefully pour the mixture into a mug. Garnish with cinnamon!
Substitute your favorite non-dairy milk for the whole milk. Homemade almond milk is a great milk for this recipe. Check out our Pressure Cooker Almond Milk recipe here on Mealthy. You can play around with the amounts of herbs and spices you use; increase the amount of cinnamon for a sweeter and warmer milk or increase the turmeric for an earthier flavor. Use almond milk and agave nectar instead of whole milk and honey for a vegan version!
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Warming, soothing, and full of spices that are great for you and your gut. Enjoy!
Alli Shircliff says:
This is so good. I made this last night for a warm beverage after dinner and it was lovely. I will be making it again tonight. The only spices I had were turmeric, cinnamon, and pepper and it turned out just fine!
Sal Polisi says:
I added extra cinnamon and cardamom and it was really good. You have to really be careful not to cook the milk too long or else it will scour and burn. I learned that the hard way the first time around. My second attempt was a success though!
Tracy Gallo says:
Swapped in almond milk and agave nectar, with extra turmeric. Love the way it turned out. Easy to make in mere minutes.