Pressure Cooker Southwest Enchilada Pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 16 ounces pasta shells
- 2 cups water
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounces canned corn, drained (or 2 cups frozen corn)
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- additional cheese for topping if desired
- finely chopped parsley or cilantro to garnish (optional)
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat ground turkey in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease.
- Add pasta, water, tomato sauce, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and green chiles to ground turkey; stir until pasta is coated. Add more water if needed.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Set pressure cooker on High for 10 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Stir 1 cup Cheddar-Jack cheese into pasta mixture until melted; season with salt and black pepper to taste. Top with extra cheese and garnish with parsley or cilantro to serve.
You can also use ground beef or soy crumbles in place of the ground turkey. You can substitute 2 cups frozen corn for the canned corn. Use Mexican cheese blend instead of the Cheddar-Jack cheese, if desired. Use any variety of pasta. Rigatoni or rotini would work well too!
What others are saying
Josh Marciel says:
Amazing recipe, I personally added a dash of cumin and about a 1/2 Cup or sun dried tomatoes. Delicious!
Shauna Tiner says:
Texture was great and the shells turned out perfectly. However flavor was completely lacking. I’ll make it again but spice it up, add chili beans, onions, garlic, and some tapatio
Sal Polisi says:
This is a great recipe for kids. I always usually make a separate dish for them, but this is one of the one's I don't mind eating myself. I really like the enchilada sauce. Now that we've gotten the hang of using our pressure cooker, we make pasta in it all the time.
Teddy Sibert says:
My kids loved this recipe. I have picky eaters so I left out the green chiles. They're a tough crowd, so I'm glad I found something they like. Perfect dish for busy weeknights.
Connie Goolsby says:
I really loved this enchilada pasta. I find turkey to be a bit dry for my taste, so switched it out for lean beef. The ground beef worked great as a replacement. For toppings I added a little sour cream and cilantro. I'd definitely make this again for my family. I was a skeptic about cooking pasta in my pressure cooker but it turned out perfectly.