Pressure Cooker Warm Beet Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- 1 pound small beets
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese crumbles
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Cut long ends off beets, but do not peel. Scrub and rinse under cold water.
- Place 1 cup water into the inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Place beets into the steamer basket and set inside pressure cooker.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High pressure for 15 minutes.
- Combine orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; slowly whisk in olive oil until incorporated and dressing is smooth.
- Set steam vent to Venting on the pressure cooker to quick-release the pressure. A knife should easily pierce the beets.
- Plunge beets into a bowl of cold water. Trim the ends. The skins will slip right off.
- Cut the peeled beets into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beets and toss to coat. Right before serving, top beets with walnuts, goat cheese, and orange zest.
Use small beets, no larger than 2½-inch diameter. Larger beets will require an additional 5 minutes of cook time.
Swap out the orange juice and zest with grapefruit for a nice twist.
You may wish to wear gloves when handling the beets to prevent staining.
What others are saying
Gene White says:
My wife and I love beet salad. This was our first time making it in our MultiPot. I wasn't sure how they would turn out because I do not have a lot of experience with using a pressure cooker, but the beets were excellent. Oranges are in season right now, so it was the perfect garnish to a great salad.