Air Fryer Croutons
- 3 cups 1-inch cubed bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Toss cubed bread with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl until bread is evenly coated.
- Transfer coated bread cubes to the basket of an air fryer.
- Cook on 400°F (200°C) until croutons are golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe is a great way to use leftover bread or day-old bread that you may have normally thrown away. Store the croutons in an airtight container.
Try different seasonings depending on how you plan to use the croutons. Garlic powder would be great on them if you plan to use them in a Caesar salad. Cayenne pepper is a nice addition of you plan to use the croutons on a soup, like tomato soup.
What others are saying
Abby Pearson says:
I tried this recipe because I wanted to make gluten free bread crumbs for my mom. It worked out well because I could use gf bread. I seasoned it with garlic, salt and pepper. My mom loved it! Success!
Antonia George says:
I hate having to throw away leftover or day old bread, so this was perfect! I used Italian seasoning in addition to salt and pepper. They turned out way better than store bought.