Pressure Cooker Cream of Extra Vegetables Soup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 carrots, diced
- 4 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, or to taste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, red bell pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to onion-garlic mixture; pour in vegetable broth or water. Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Stir coconut milk and cilantro into the soup.
- Blend soup in the pressure cooker using an immersion blender until smooth.
You can use chicken broth or water in place of the vegetable broth. Sweet potatoes would add color and flavor to this soup in place of or in addition to the red potatoes. If you add sweet potatoes in addition to the red potatoes you may need to thin it with more broth or water. Try parsley in place of the cilantro for a milder flavor.
What others are saying
Jace Howard says:
I added sweet potatoes as the recipe suggested and it turned out really good. Next time I will probably double the batch. What I loved most was the consistency, not too thick, not runny. Just perfect.
Cam Cook says:
This is so much better than any vegetable soup I've ever had. This is the grown-up, millennial version and it's so good! The garlic, bell peppers, and potato give it such a good flavor. I will say I skipped the coconut milk and used heavy cream instead. Other than that I made no changes.