Pressure Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- corn tortillas
- optional toppings: guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir chicken and taco seasoning together in a bowl until chicken is evenly coated.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté on Normal. When it reads "HOT", add oil.
- Sear chicken tenderloins until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Press the Cancel button to turn off the Sauté function.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, and lime juice to chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Poultry and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken and bell peppers to tortillas.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Use chicken breasts instead of tenderloins if you already have them on hand! Just cut the breasts from top to bottom into 1/4-inch thick strips. The cook time will be the same.
Substitute flour tortillas for the corn tortillas if desired!
You can buy the pre-made taco seasoning or make your own for a fresh, preservative-free version.
What others are saying
Jason Owens says:
Tasty but very runny. Probably will make a good soup for leftovers.
caroline chambers says:
Yum. Definitely liquidy but like the author said, just use a slotted spoon to drain off before building your tortillas!