Pressure Cooker Chicken Dinner With Potatoes and Carrots
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 1 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- minced parsley to garnish
- sea salt to taste
- Season chicken breasts and thighs with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in the inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to sauté on High. Working in batches, sear chicken in hot oil until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Pour chicken stock and apple juice into the pressure cooker and add onions, scraping any browned bits of food from the bottom of the pot using a wooden spoon. Arrange chicken in one layer in the pot. Place trivet over chicken.
- Place fingerling potatoes and carrots in steamer basket and place basket onto the trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook for 5 minutes on High Pressure. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Divide chicken, potatoes, and carrots among serving plates and top with parsley and sea salt.
You can cook other veggies beside potatoes and carrots. Try sweet potatoes and zucchini or butternut squash and onions. You can use other liquids besides apple juice and chicken stock for the cooking liquid. Try vegetable stock and water for a less sweet version.
What others are saying
Lisa Halski-Martin says:
Loved this one! Tasted exactly like the description!