Pressure Cooker Lemon-Oregano Chicken and Rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups white rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Toppings (optional)
- chopped parsley
- cucumber slices
- sliced cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
For best results, we recommend using:
- Whisk chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes together in inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Place chicken breasts in pot and turn to coat. Arrange chicken evenly across bottom of pot, making sure not to overlap.
- Combine rice and water in a small oven-proof bowl.
- Place trivet over chicken, ensuring that the trivet legs hit the bottom of the pot, not the chicken, and place bowl of rice on top of trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and turn steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook for 6 minutes on High pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure. Press Cancel.
- Remove bowl with rice and trivet from pot; fluff rice with a fork.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board and slice or chop.
- Divide rice and chicken among four bowls and garnish each bowl with a lemon wedge; top with desired toppings.
You can use fresh oregano leaves in place of the dried oregano. Substitute thyme (fresh or dried) for the oregano for a different herbal flavor.
Switch in quinoa or brown rice for the white rice if you are looking for a whole grain meal. Quinoa adds fiber and protein!
What others are saying
Jace Howard says:
If you're tired of the same boring chicken and rice recipe, this is a good one to add to your repertoire. I added cucumber, tomatoes, and olives. It's a light dish that's perfect for weeknights. Pairs great with a glass of wine!
Cam Cook says:
I made this recipe prepared in bowl with butternut squash as the recipe suggested. So yummy! Hummus and feta cheese were perfect for toppings. Rice and chicken doesn't have to be boring! I love this recipe and can't wait to make it again.