Pressure Cooker Smokey Barbeque Pork Ribs
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) rack pork spare ribs, cut in half or thirds to fit in pot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place onion, apple juice, water, and liquid smoke in inner steel pot of pressure cooker.
- Season ribs with kosher salt and pepper. Place ribs in pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Transfer rib racks to prepared baking sheet and brush with barbeque sauce.
- Place ribs under preheated broiler until sauce caramelizes, 3 to 5 minutes.
These ribs are great served as an appetizer, but they also make a great meal too. Cook up some fluffy white rice in the pressure cooker and a side of pickled vegetables, and you've got yourself a meal!
If you follow a strict gluten-free diet, be sure the barbeque sauce that you choose doesn't have any gluten or forms of gluten in it.
What others are saying
Ronda Hughes says:
AAMMAAZZIINNGG!!!!!!!! These are SO delicious! I have tried a few times to perfect ribs on the grill and oven. This did it!!