Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into ¼-inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger together in inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Add steak strips and stir to coat.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 7 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Press Cancel, remove lid, and select Sauté on Normal.
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl; pour into beef mixture while stirring to avoid lumps. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir sesame oil into beef.
This is a great make-ahead dish. Make a bath on Sunday night, portion it into containers with rice, and take to work or school throughout the week.
Try different grains if you want something besides white rice. Quinoa, Israeli couscous, or farro are good alternative options for a hearty meal.
What others are saying
Josefina Doumbia says:
Delicious. Great Flavor. Meat comes out very soft. It melts in your mouth. With rice/quinoa/couscous and vegetables, a totally healthy balanced meal. My kids love it!!
Jen the Mighty says:
No more Panda Express! I love this recipe and my family does, too. This is now on a permanent rotation in our repertoire of MultiPot recipes. Easy, fast, and delicious wins every time!