Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- optional toppings: toasted pecans or almonds, more brown sugar, more butter
For best results, we recommend using:
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté on High. Melt butter in the inner pot of the pressure cooker until slightly browned, about 1 minute; stir in oats, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until fragrant and butter is absorbed into the oats, about 30 seconds. Press Cancel.
- Stir water, pumpkin puree, and salt into oat mixture. It's fine if the pumpkin doesn't totally incorporate, it'll cook into the oats while pressure cooking.
- Lock lid in place, turn steam vent handle to Sealing, and select Porridge. Cook on High Pressure for 12 minutes for oats with a bit of bite or 14 minutes for softer oats.
- Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Remove lid and stir oatmeal.
- Stir brown sugar into oatmeal and add any additional toppings.
Stir raisins and small chunks of apple in to your pumpkin spice oatmeal for extra fiber and flavor. If you are looking for a gluten-free version, check your grocery for gluten-free oats. For a creamier version, substitute almond milk or whole milk for the water.
What others are saying
Lori Bishop says:
I added a 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 c. Almond milk, 1/4 c. Pumpkin puree & 1/2 c. Walnuts. After cooled I put in single serving size Pyrex dishes & froze. Excellent when reheated & top with a bit more almond milk!
Jose Alvarez says:
Most amazing oatmeal in a long time. Delicious flavor and so fitting to the season. Highly recommended.