Easy Pressure Cooker Mushroom Risotto
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
For best results, we recommend using:
- Melt butter and olive oil together in inner steel pot of a pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Sauté rice, shallots, and fennel seeds in hot oil and butter until shallot softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour white wine into pot and stir until wine has mostly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock, mushrooms, and salt.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Stir risotto until desired creaminess is reached. If you want to loosen the consistency, add a splash of water or chicken stock.
- Stir Parmesan cheese and parsley into risotto until cheese is melted and incorporated. Serve immediately.
Try any variety of mushroom in this recipe. Shiitake, chanterelle, or morel mushrooms make a great risotto.
Serve this dish by itself or alongside your favorite protein like baked chicken or grilled tilapia.
A crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Vinho Verde are great additions to this meal.