Air Fryer Orange-Cardamom Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Remove any excess pulp from pumpkin seeds and rinse under cool water. Dry seeds thoroughly by placing in a single layer on a kitchen towel and pat dry or allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 300°F (180°C). Place seeds in the basket of the air fryer, and cook for 5 minutes to remove any residual moisture.
- Whisk melted butter, brown sugar, orange zest, cardamom and salt together in a bowl. Place pumpkin seeds in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Return pumpkin seeds to the air fryer basket and cook until lightly browned, about 30 minutes, shaking basket every 10 minutes.
Seeds may stick together upon cooling. Break apart before eating. The shells are not only edible, they are packed with fiber.
A 3.5 to 4 pound pie pumpkin will yield about 1 cup of seeds.
These are great as a snack, sprinkled on a salad or as a garnish on pumpkin soup and are especially tasty right out of the fryer while still warm.
What others are saying
Antonia George says:
I cleaned, rinsed and dried the seeds the night prior so all I had to do with put them in the air fryer. These are my and my kids favorite snack in the fall. The cardamom and orange twist was new, but we loved it. Especially the warm brown sugar.
Abby Pearson says:
I've never experimented with pumpkin seeds outside of seasoning them with a little salt. I'm so glad I tried something new! They turned out crispy, and cooked evenly. Great to snack on and minimal cleanup.