Pressure Cooker Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 3 pounds coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup black soy sauce, or more to taste
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds raw shrimp (21 to 25), chopped
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Sauté pork, ginger, and garlic in hot oil until pork is browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add green onions, celery, and water chestnuts; sauté until celery is softened, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir coleslaw mix, black soy sauce, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, Chinese five-spice seasoning, and black pepper into pork mixture.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and turn steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 1 minute. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Drain excess liquid from pot.
- Select Sauté on Normal and stir shrimp, extra black soy sauce if desired, and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce into pork mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Substitute ground chicken for the ground pork if desired. Add thinly sliced green onions and bean sprouts for some extra flavor and crunch.
Make this vegetarian by leaving out the pork and shrimp. Substitute crumbled tofu for the ground pork and sauté with the ginger and garlic. If tofu isn't your thing, try extra veggies like broccoli florets or cauliflower florets.