Pressure Cooker Chocolate Nutella Lava Cakes
- cooking spray
- 1½ cups water
- 8 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- blueberries, strawberries, ice cream, whipped cream, confectioners sugar
For best results, we recommend using:
- Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray. Pour water into inner steel pot of pressure cooker and place trivet in pot.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in the top of a double boiler (or in a microwave-safe bowl in 10-second intervals in the microwave), stirring often, until completely melted and blended, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, Nutella, flour, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Add chocolate to egg mixture and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared ramekins. Place ramekins onto trivet in pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Cake and cook on High Pressure for 9 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Carefully invert ramekins onto plates to release cakes. Dust with confectioners sugar and top with berries or cream. Or both!
Try different spreads besides Nutella, like peanut butter, cashew butter, or almond butter. Or try whole nuts, like cashews or almonds in the batter. Serve with ice cream or coconut ice cream for extra delicious-ness.
What others are saying
Brooke Prater says:
This paired perfect with ice cream. Perfect ending to a perfect date night with my boyfriend. I used dark chocolate, my favorite.
Cam Cook says:
I made this recipe using almond butter and wow was it delicious. Chocolate, gooey goodness. Not gonna lie, I ate two servings. Strawberries, whipped cream, and powdered sugar were the perfect toppings. Great for date night, special occasions, or cheat day!