Air Fryer French Fries
- cooking oil spray
- 1 russet potato, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F (195°C). Spray basket or rack (depending on brand) of an air fryer with cooking oil spray.
- Cut potato into ¼-inch fries using a mandoline.
- Toss potatoes and olive oil together in a bowl until potatoes are evenly coated; season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in the prepared basket or rack in an even layer.
- Cook potatoes for 7 minutes. Turn fries and continue cooking until crisp, about 7 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
Try different seasonings on your fries. Garlic powder makes for a nice savory flavor. Add minced fresh herbs after the fries are cooked or sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the finished fries. For a little heat, add cayenne pepper!
Serve with your favorite dippers: the traditional ketchup or mayo or go fancy with harissa or garlic aioli.
For more french fry recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Sam Chandler says:
Love the crispy, crunchy french fries! My air fryer has a rotisserie basket and a rack but I chose to make these on the rack. They're super quick, I love it. Even quicker if you're only making a small batch. I for sure prefer these over frying them in grease. I sprinkled a little season salt on mine as well.
Abby Pearson says:
These fries had the perfect amount of crunch and they were not greasy. I doubled the batch and ate both by myself! If you like potatoes you'll love this recipe. All I used was a pinch salt and some garlic salt.