Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C). Spray basket or rack (depending on model) with cooking oil spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Pour melted butter into a separate bowl.
- Brush chicken thighs with butter. Dip each thigh into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing down until chicken is well coated on each side.
- Place 2 chicken thighs in the basket of the air fryer, and lightly mist chicken with cooking oil spray.
- Cook chicken in the air fryer for 6 minutes. Turn chicken over, top with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining chicken thighs.
Use gluten-free bread crumbs when dipping the chicken into the bread crumb-Parmesan cheese mixture to make this a gluten-free meal.
If you want to skip the pasta, serve this alongside a hearty green salad or roasted zucchini.
Looking for a vegetarian version? Use slices of eggplant or zucchini instead of chicken!
What others are saying
Jamie Bell says:
First time making this recipe, and it was good. It's a healthier version of chicken parm, better than what I normally would make, which usually involves lots of grease and cheese. I served it over a bed of pasta with lots of tomato sauce. Perfect for a weeknight.
Eddie Luciano says:
Very easy, straightforward recipe. Thinking of a substitute to butter I can use just to cut calories. Otherwise, this was a great recipe. Also, I used chicken breasts instead of thighs and pounded them with so they were about 1-1/2" in width.