Air Fryer Barbeque Chicken Sausage Pizza
- 1 piece naan bread
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/8 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 chicken sausage, thinly sliced (I used chicken-apple sausage and loved it, but you could also use an herby, savory variety )
- chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray the bottom of naan with cooking spray; place it in the basket of your air fryer.
- Spread barbeque sauce over naan; top with mozzarella cheese, Gouda cheese, and red onion.
- Scatter chicken sausage over the pizza and spray the exposed crust with cooking spray.
- Cook in the air fryer, 6 to 9 minutes. The pizza at 6 minutes is more flatbread-style, and the pizza at 9 minutes is more like a thin-crust pizza.
Spraying the bottom of the naan before putting it in the air fryer basket will help it get extra crispy on the bottom. It's easier to build the pizza in the air fryer basket versus building it and then trying to put it into the basket.
Add as much onion as you like. The red onion cooks really quickly and doesn't taste raw onion-y at all once cooked.
What others are saying
Sam Chandler says:
Love this mini personal size pizza! The chicken apple sausage paired perfectly with the barbecue sauce. This is great for an appetizer or dinner for one. It reminds me a lot of the barbecue chicken pizza at PJs but healthier. I only garnished with cilantro and it was perfect.
Abby Pearson says:
I took this idea to make air fryer pepperoni pizza. Such an awesome idea and super quick. THANK YOU for the tip about spraying the bottom of the bread. The crust was perfect.