Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into ½-inch thick strips
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil into salt mixture; add sweet potato strips and toss to coat.
- Place as many sweet potato strips into the basket of air fryer without overlapping. If they overlap, they won't cook evenly and the outside won't get crispy.
- Cook in the air fryer until desired crispiness is reached, 18 to 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining strips.
My air fryer doesn't require me to flip food over to get it crispy on all sides, but if yours does, flip it halfway through the cook cycle.
Switch up your seasoning! Try paprika or cayenne for a touch of red and heat. Or keep it simple with salt and pepper.
If you want to see a step-by-step article with pics, check out the Mealthy article here.
What others are saying
Abby Pearson says:
I really liked these sweet potato wedges but I need an idea for dipping sauce! The garlic, chili, and cumin seasonings were super tasty.
Sam Chandler says:
I made these for my kids who love sweet potatoes. I love that I got a crispy texture, which sometimes is hard to get in the oven without burning them a little. I simply used salt for seasoning and they were yummy. Great snack food!