Air Fryer Easy Chicken Breasts
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray chicken breasts and the basket of your air fryer generously with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in air fryer basket, ensuring that they are not touching.
- Cook chicken until an internal thermometer registers 165°F (74°C), 18 to 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Allow chicken breasts to rest for several minutes before slicing.
Whether you follow the paleo, Whole30, or are omnivorous, this chicken recipe has to be in your weeknight rotation. Serve it as a main dish or slice it and use as your protein topping for salad or grain bowls.
This chicken freezes well too. Cut it into thin slices, put in a freezer-safe bag, and freeze. Just pull out of the freezer as needed and defrost in the refrigerator.
What others are saying
Sam Chandler says:
From now on this is the only way I can justify cooking chicken breasts. The meat was tender and juicy, which is rare for cooking breast. Straightforward, easy to follow recipe perfect for air fryer newbies.
Abby Pearson says:
Garlic, onion, salt, and pepper are all you need for this recipe. Cooks this chicken perfectly on the inside and out. I made a few breasts, cut them up and pack them for my meal prep throughout the week. Winning!