Pressure Cooker Vegetarian Burrito Bowls with Quinoa
- 2½ cups water
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salsa
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir water, quinoa, black beans, kidney beans, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, and salt together in inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Pour salsa over top (do not stir!).
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. Divide quinoa among bowls, add desired toppings, and serve.
Add your favorite Mexican-inspired toppings. My topping suggestions: salsa, shredded lettuce, avocado, cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapeños, red onions, green onions, or cilantro.
If you do eat meat or animal products, chicken or a hard-boiled egg are excellent protein options!
What others are saying
Max Heron says:
This is one of my favorite quinoa recipes. I used my favorite jarred tomato salsa pinto beans instead of kidney beans, and added a little extra cumin. The quinoa cooks wonderfully in the pressure cooker, perfect texture. I'm tempted to actually take this recipe and wrap the beans and quinoa it in a tortilla to make an actual burrito!
Sam Chandler says:
This girl is quinoa obsessed so I couldn't wait to try this recipe. If ya'll have never made quinoa in a pressure cooker, you are doing it all wrong! The PC cooks quinoa perfectly every single time. This is a fail proof recipe and I love to make it for meal prep for the week.