Quick and Easy Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound large shell pasta
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup whole milk
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir shell pasta, water, butter, and salt together in inner steel pot of pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Stir Cheddar cheese and milk into pasta until cheese is completely melted. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Top your mac and cheese with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, ground black pepper, hot sauce, Italian seasoning, or grated Parmesan cheese. The options really are endless.
Substitute a different cheese like Gruyère cheese for the Cheddar cheese.
Try whole grain pasta for a heartier, higher fiber version. Want to know more about fiber? Check out our article on eating a high fiber diet.
What others are saying
Max Heron says:
This is one of those recipes that you can make any night of the week and your family won't complain. Way better than boxed mac and cheese. I've served it as a meal in itself, and also as a side to baked chicken. It's my favorite fail-proof pressure cooker mac.
Sam Chandler says:
I made this recipe tonight! When I saw that it used regular cheddar cheese I was not sure how I would like it, but it was oh so yummy and incredibly easy to make. I could literally eat the entire pot by myself!