Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 10 cooked shrimps, minced
- 1 egg
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- cooking spray
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add carrot to ginger and garlic and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar into carrot mixture and bring to a boil. Add cabbage and simmer until cabbage is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sesame oil. Allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain cabbage and broth mixture, and gently fold in minced shrimp.
- Crack egg in a small bowl and whisk.
- Fill each egg roll wrapper with shrimp mixture, placing the shrimp mixture just below the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom point over the filling and tuck under. Fold in both sides and roll up tightly. Use beaten egg to seal the wrapper. Repeat until all egg rolls are complete.
- Place egg rolls into greased air fryer basket. Spray egg rolls with oil and cook at 390° F (200°C) for 5 minutes, turn over, and cook for 5 minutes more.
If you do not have Napa cabbage, you can also use regular cabbage or a green and purple cabbage mixture. You can also substitute the 12 egg roll wrappers with 20 wonton wrappers.
You can make the filling ahead of time. Just store it in the refrigerator a day in advance. Then all you have to do is fill the wrappers and pop in the air fryer.
For more great Snack recipes for your Air Fryer, you might like:
What others are saying
Eddie Luciano says:
I'm so used to greasy egg rolls so it was really nice to try these. There was no grease at all. The first batch I made I forgot to spray the rolls with oil, so they weren't as crunchy. The second batch was perfect. Also, I used ground pork instead of shrimp and it was amazing. Definitely going to make these again.
Jamie Bell says:
Let me preface this by saying, I'm a huge egg roll fan, so I'm a tough critic! These were so good, I was greedy and ate most of them by myself. I plan to make them again this weekend. I did a shrimp and pork mix, they were superb.