Pressure Cooker Grain Free Banana Cake
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Optional topping: coconut cream mixed with honey, shaved chocolate, candied pecans or walnuts, pomegranate seeds
For best results, we recommend using:
- Mash bananas in a bowl until creamy. Add coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract and mix together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Mix almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and sea salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add almond flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix well. Add eggs and whisk until batter is smooth; gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch circular baking pan with parchment paper (cut out circle to fit the bottom. Grease the sides of the pan.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Place trivet into the pot.
- Place the baking pan on top of trivet, allowing the handles to rise above the sides of the pan.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select the Cake setting for 40 minutes.
- Allow cake to rest for 10 minutes before releasing pressure.
- Carefully lift the trivet out and allow cake to cool completely before removing from pan.
Frost cake using your favorite homemade frosting recipe.
Replace the coconut butter with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, butter, or applesauce, if desired.
You can omit the chocolate chips... but why?
What others are saying
Anna Mikhaylova says:
My boys loved it.
Nathalie D says:
Instead of omitting chocolate chips, I used sugar free dark chocolate morsels. This was the first cake I have ever made using my pressure cooker and you've made a believer out of me! I also chose not to add any frosting, the cake was sweet and delicious without it.
Eddie Luciano says:
My cake came out super moist, not dense like some other pressure cooker cakes that I've tried. I don't cook with almond flour often because it can be cost prohibitive, but it's a must for this recipe. I also added a full cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Very good!