Pressure Cooker Asian Turkey Meatballs with Asian Spiced Soy Dipping Sauce
- Soy Dipping Sauce
- ¾ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon black beans, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1 package 93% lean ground turkey (1⅓ pounds)
- 1 onion, diced
- ¾ cup diced mushrooms
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, black beans, coconut aminos, 1 clove minced garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ground fennel, cinnamon, coriander, and ginger together in a bowl until dipping sauce is smooth.
- Mix water and arrowroot starch together in a bowl until smooth; stir into dipping sauce until well incorporated.
- Pour dipping sauce into the bottom of pressure cooker.
- Mix ground turkey, onion, mushrooms, red bell pepper, cilantro, egg, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl using your hands. Roll meatballs to the size of a large egg.
- Place meatballs into the pressure cooker with the sauce, until bottom is filled. Layer the remaining meatballs on top of the first layer.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High Pressure.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Carefully remove the meatballs and place into a bowl or on a plate.
- Press cancel on the pressure cooker.
- Select Sauté mode on Low, and cook sauce, whisking every couple minutes, until thickened, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce into another bowl and serve alongside meatballs.
Serve with soba or rice noodles mixed with sesame oil, Sriracha, and soy sauce. Add some veggies and avocado. They can also be served as an appetizer with toothpicks.
Replace turkey with beef or chicken. Replace soy sauce with tamari soy sauce or liquid aminos to make gluten-free.
What others are saying
Eddie Luciano says:
These meatballs were perfect as an appetizer. The ingredients list for the sauce was a little intimidating but I love the way they turned out. I didn't have coconut aminos so I subbed in an extra tablespoon of soy sauce. All in all, this recipe was really quick and easy and the sauce was perfect. The pressure cooker keeps the meatballs tender, not dried out or overcooked like the oven can sometimes do. I would love to make them again so.
Nathalie D says:
This is my new favorite recipe to go with my soba noodles! The dipping sauce is so yummy, I wish I would have made more. I'm sure the recipe also works well with ground beef, but the turkey is a nice alternative for me because I'm cutting out red meat. I love it.