Plantain Pumpkin Pancakes
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ ripe plantain
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: granola, nut butter, blueberry jam, and fig jam
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place the chopper blade of immersion blender inside chopper bowl.
- Attach the Chopper Lid to the Main Housing. Add coconut milk, coconut flour, almond flour, cassava flour, honey, eggs, plantain, pumpkin, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt to the chopper bowl.
- Secure the chopper lid on top of the chopper bowl and press the power button until pancake batter is well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into a bowl.
- Heat griddle to 375°F (190°C) or a greased skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour about ⅓ cup batter per pancake onto the griddle or skillet; cook until the top gets bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until bottom of pancake is browned, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Use any milk (almond milk, hemp milk, cow's milk, etc.) aside from coconut as a substitute. Omit sweetener or use maple syrup or other sweetener of choice, especially if you are looking to make these vegan.
Add some fresh blueberries for blueberry pancakes!
What others are saying
Alli Shircliff says:
Plantains, coconut flour, and almond flour are such a great combo for pancakes. I will be keeping this recipe on my regular rotation!