Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes
- 1½ cups water
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed and pierced all over with a fork
- butter, salt, ground black pepper, chives, sour cream and whatever else your heart desires
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour water into inner steel pot of pressure cooker; place trivet in water.
- Arrange potatoes on top of trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (manual) and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then turn steam vent handle to venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Transfer potatoes to plates, slice down the middle, fluff insides with a fork, and fill with toppings of your choice.
Potatoes come in all sorts of sizes. If you've got small potatoes, knock the time down to 10 minutes. If you've got Costco-size potatoes, bump that cook time up to 15!
If you like a crispy skin on your baked potatoes, rub your cooked potatoes all over with a little olive oil right when then are done cooking in the pressure cooker. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, place cooked potatoes on prepared sheet pan, and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until potato skin is crispy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Click here for a step-by-step article on how to make baked potatoes in your pressure cooker.
What others are saying
Donna Cerny says:
These were perfect! Perfectly cooked on the inside and I did the oven crisping technique for the skin as well.
Nathalie D says:
I love crispy skin so I really appreciate the tip about adding the potatoes to the oven at the end. This method is much quicker and easier than baking in the oven. All four potatoes were cooked perfectly on the inside. Nothing worse than an undercooked potato! Glad I found something that works.
Antonia George says:
I had smaller potatoes and cooked them for 10 minutes and they came out perfect. I don't eat the skin so I skipped throwing them in the oven, but my husband made his that way. So much easier than baking in the oven the entire duration.