Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Grease the air fryer basket.
- Season chicken with black pepper, salt, and seasoned salt. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil in a bowl. Add bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese in a separate small bowl.
- Add chicken pieces to olive oil and coat thoroughly. Dip chicken into bread crumb mixture, and transfer to greased air fryer basket, working in batches if needed.
- Lightly mist chicken with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken in the air fryer for 4 minutes. Flip chicken pieces and cook until golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes more.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces! Need some ideas? How about mixing sriracha and mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt) for a spicy kick. Tzatziki sauce is a nice and cool dipper. Mix honey and mustard together for a honey mustard dip. The options are endless.
What others are saying
Jamie Bell says:
My kids devoured this! I'm not a huge fan of using salt so I skipped the seasoned salt. I also made a ketchup and mayo sauce mix for dipping. The parmesan cheese added was the perfect secret ingredient, but you can omit it or use a vegan cheese substitute if you're dairy free.
Jace Howard says:
I like the mix of plain and Panko bread crumbs. I've tried making nuggets before with just Panko and I didn't like it as much. This is a great recipe, especially for small kids and picky eaters. Dipping sauce optional, my kids didn't even ask for any which is a good sign.