Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch thick strips
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Season chicken generously with salt and black pepper.
- Crack egg into a shallow dish.
- Season egg with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Place breadcrumbs into a separate shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken tenders through egg wash, then through breadcrumbs.
- Roll chicken in the breadcrumbs and press firmly to make the breadcrumbs stick.
- Spray both sides of chicken tenders with cooking spray and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and crispy on the outside, about 12 minutes.
If you are looking to make this paleo and/or grain-free and gluten-free, try almond meal instead of the bread crumbs.
Need some dipping sauce ideas? Mix honey and Dijon mustard together for a simple honey mustard dip. Try Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and dill for a more savory dip. Or pop open the ketchup bottle for a classic dip!