Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken (such as rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup salsa (medium or hot)
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- salt and ground black pepper
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 100% oil cooking spray
- optional toppings: shredded lettuce, sour cream of Greek yogurt, avocado slices or guacamole, salsa, and Pickled Red Onions
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine chicken, Cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spray 1 side of each tortilla generously with cooking spray. Spoon 2 tablespoons chicken mixture down the center of the non-oiled side of each tortilla. Tightly roll the tortilla around the mixture. Place as many taquitos as you can into your air fryer basket, seam-side down. They can be touching but they won’t get as crispy on all sides if they are. It's very important that you place the seam side down, or the taquito will unravel as it crisps up.
- Cook taquitos in the air fryer for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on desired level of crispiness.
- Repeat with remaining taquitos. Serve with toppings if desired.
If you want to make this completely from scratch, use the Mealthy pressure cooker salsa chicken recipe. Drain the liquid off really well, and use 1¾ cups salsa chicken instead of rotisserie chicken and salsa.
Try carnitas or shredded beef for a different meat option.
Looking for vegetarian taquitos? Use black beans or pinto beans instead of the chicken. Want a gluten-free taquito? Use corn tortillas instead of the flour tortillas.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
Taquitos are a family favorite around here -- hadn't considered an air fryer for them so this is a very welcome addition to our taquitos lifestyle. Topping with pickled red onions is just the icing on the cake! Yum!
Alli Shircliff says:
This is such a great appetizer for happy hours or other gatherings. I love that they are ready so quickly too!
Caitlin Greene says:
What a delicious meal. The crisp on the taquitos from the air fryer is a perfect idea.