Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss chickpeas, olive oil, dried rosemary, dried thyme, mustard powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Transfer chickpeas to basket of an air fryer. Spread evenly.
- Cook chickpeas in the air fryer for 6 minutes; shake the basket. Continue cooking for 6 minutes more; check chickpeas and continue cooking in 2 minute increments until desired crispness is reached.
Try different seasonings! Instead of the rosemary, thyme, and mustard powder use cayenne pepper. Or keep it simple and use salt and black pepper. Garlic powder is also a good seasoning. A touch of sumac and black pepper can be a tangy combination. Curry powder and cumin give a gentle heat with each bite.
What others are saying
Gene White says:
I tried this recipe using sumac and black pepper, one of my favorite flavor combinations. I am new to air fryer cooking, and I love the versatility. It cooked the chickpeas perfectly, nice and crunchy. Great snack idea, a nice alternative to potato chips.