Pressure Cooker Sweet Chili Soy Chicken
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons tapioca starch
- ¼ cup water
- sesame seeds and green onion for topping
- cooked rice
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place chicken in the bottom of the inner pot of pressure cooker. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, sweet chili sauce, ketchup, onion, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl; pour over chicken and then place butter on top of the chicken.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 15 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quickly release pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot, but leave the sauce in the pot. Press Cancel.
- Push the Sauté button.
- Dissolve tapioca starch in cup water in a small bowl and pour into the pressure cooker. Stir sauce until well combined. Cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into ½ inch sized pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions over chicken and serve over rice.
Sub rice with cauliflower rice to make this a grain-free meal. Use tamari soy sauce to make it a gluten-free meal.
Try this recipe using pork instead of the chicken for a different flavor.
What others are saying
Mary Miller says:
Can you use corn starch instead of the tapicoa starch?
Jenny Christensen says:
I just recently was introduced to the MultiPot when my Instpot hit the fan. Ive been eager to try out some new recipes. This recipe caught me eye, as I love sweet chili. The only sub I made was lime, because I was out of lemon. The result came out fantastic and I opted for the cauliflower rice since I try to avoid grains. Which was a perfect side for it