Air Fryer Southwestern Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 (9 to 10 ounce) sweet potato, scrubbed clean and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut sweet potato in half vertically, then cut each half into 4 wedges vertically.
- Toss sweet potato wedges, olive oil, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl until sweet potato wedges are evenly coated in spices.
- Distribute wedges evenly in the basket of an air fryer.
- Cook in the air fryer for 12 minutes. Flip wedges and continue cooking until crispy and golden brown on the outside and fork tender on the inside, 10 to 12 minutes more.
Try other seasonings! Keep it simple with just salt and pepper. Add cumin and cayenne for an earthy and spicy flavor. The options are endless!
What others are saying
Gene White says:
Simple recipe, great flavors, and perfect for my Whole 30 regiment. Loving my air fryer so far! It cooks the potatoes nice and even.