Air Fryer Barbeque Chicken
- 1 whole (3 pound) chicken, cut into thigh, leg, and breast pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Coat chicken pieces in salt, paprika, and garlic powder and place skin-side down in air fryer basket.
- Cook chicken in the air fryer until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and brush all over with BBQ sauce.
- Wipe chicken fat out of air fryer basket to prevent excess smoking.
- Return chicken to air fryer basket, skin-side up, and cook at 350°F (180°C) until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh reads 165°F (75°C), about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with additional BBQ sauce.
If your air fryer is really smoking, you may need to wipe out the chicken fat halfway through the cook time.
Make sure your barbeque sauce is gluten-free by checking the label, if you are on a strict gluten-free diet. Many of the brands are gluten-free, but there are some that are not.