Pressure Cooker White Rice
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
For best results, we recommend using:
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- Pour 1 cup water into the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Place trivet over the water, with the arms up.
- Combine rinsed rice and 1 cup water into a heat-proof bowl that will fit inside the pressure cooker; lower it on top of the trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 3 minutes on High Pressure.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for at least 10 minutes but up to 20 minutes.
- Season rice with salt and fluff with a fork.
To see a step-by-step article showing how each step should look, check out the Pressure Cooker White Rice article here.
For extra flavor, cook the rice with chicken or vegetable broth instead of water. Or try coconut milk instead of water.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
Honestly there are a million ways to cook rice, but this is a winner. Super easy and it works. Love that there's a step-by-step version, too. The coconut milk version will be my next try.